Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hey ho, Let's Go

After last week’s posting, I thought I better be able to report that I actually did something. Well, I did. Using my internet wiles, I found the direct phone number for the Dean of Mathematics at a local community College. She was willing to talk with me, she even returned calls. She asked me to complete a faculty application and personally deliver it to her. That’s great, since one of my goals is to navigate around personnel departments by recruiting a “coach” at the start. I guess I got some amount of sales know-how from all those years in the insurance industry. So, there. I have completed everything for the unbelievably lengthy application except recommendation letters, but I made some calls on Friday. At least I’m doing something. Next stop is to call two “boutique” type risk management consulting forms in town. And maybe the bossman actuary at CalPERS.


While I am typing this am listening to my ABBA greatest hits CD. ,There was something in the air that night. I don’t know why I love their music. Guess I am a child of the ‘70s, live with it. I figured for affirmative action purposes, they need at least one straight fan. Their tunes are so lively and happy, kind of like a polka with a disco beat. Don’t worry, rockin’ teens, I still like Sabbath and the Ramones. Some days you just feel like a little “dancin’ queen”.

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!